IHG Restaurant Server - Crowne Plaza at Ravinia in Atlanta, Georgia
Do you see yourself as a Restaurant Server - Crowne Plaza at Ravinia ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into skydiving, scrapbooking or bird watching, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will provide fast and courteous service of food and beverages to guests and ensure quality of food and beverage presentation per established standards.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Alert Outlet Management of any service and/or safety issues. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• May receive guest payments and process transactions as outlined in the cash and charge procedures as needed.
• Prepare food and beverages for service to hotel guests and present food according to established health and presentation standards.
• Greet all guests and take beverage and food orders in a prompt and professional manner.
• Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner. Clean and/or wipe down tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirrors, and floors as necessary.
• Perform side-work, and any other opening or closing duties as required. Ensure that wait staff stations are clean and maintained throughout shift.
• May assist with other duties as assigned.
Basic reading and writing. Food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Moving about the restaurant
• Handling food objects; plates, trays, glasses, etc.
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
• Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
• Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is not provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R190277ATLCP12