IHG Reservations Agent - Crowne Plaza at Ravinia in Atlanta, Georgia
Do you see yourself as a Reservations Agent - Crowne Plaza at Ravinia ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will provide prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all requests for guest room reservations, changes, and cancellations in accordance with established standards and/or scripts. Respond to and provide information on hotel services, local attractions, travel directions, etc.
At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
• Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
• Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
• Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Up-sell rooms where possible according to established procedures to maximize hotel average room rate; utilize yield management strategies to ensure a full house whenever possible. Suggest alternate dates for sold-out periods.
• Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. Notify sales of any group bookings.
• Provide accurate information about the city and the surrounding attractions when asked by guests; mail hotel-specific information sheets and brochures to guests as requested.
• Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction. Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
• Process cancellations, revisions and information updates on changes; process guest reservation requests for other hotels within the reservations system.
• Book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel in accordance with established standards and scripts using the hotel’s reservations system; process reservations from the sales, reservations centers or travel agencies/wholesalers. Designate and apply appropriate travel agency commissions.
• Stay abreast of current rates, rate changes and all promotions; assist in rooms forecasting. Complete daily logs according to established procedures.
• May assist with other duties as assigned such running daily reports, e.g. the cancellation, booking, or arrival reports.
Basic reading, writing, and math skills and six months experience as a reservationist or front desk agent. High school or equivalent preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Speak and listening usually while sitting
• Use a keyboard to type in reservation information
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, clients and employees.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when reviewing and processing guest reservations or daily reports.
• Basic mathematical abilities are used some of the time.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is not provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R190222ATLCP0