IHG Purchasing/ Receiving - Crowne Plaza Atlanta at Ravinia in Atlanta, Georgia
Do you see yourself as a Purchasing/Receiving Clerk for our Crowne Plaza Ravinia propety ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will receive, store and disperse hotel goods to ensure that each department’s supply needs are met in a timely and efficient manner.
At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
• Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
• Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
• Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Receive food and beverage and non-food products into the hotel. Inspect items received for consistency and quality; verify invoice against items ordered and received. Transport products to assigned storerooms and provide organized storage of all items for future use.
• May assist with placing orders, obtaining bids, or following up on receiving issues such as back-orders, credits and pricing errors as needed or requested.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Catering, Banquets, Outlets, Maintenance, and Guest Services.
• Issue merchandise, including food, beverages, alcohol, and/or non-food products, as requested on authorized requisitions. Distribute supplies to department making request in a timely manner. Assist Departments in moving various supplies and equipment into and out of storerooms as needed.
• Store all items received in appropriate storeroom or Liqueur Room; rotate stock using first in first out inventory method, and/or enforcing “empty for full” policy. Assist departments in establishing pars and reorder points as needed. Complete periodic inventories of supplies, and advise supervisor when reorder points are reached.
• Document receipt, storage and disbursement of items. Assure that all invoices, purchase orders, packing slips, etc. are forwarded to appropriate parties in Accounting directly after shipments are received.
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of storerooms; maintain adequate security provisions for storerooms and/or Liqueur Room as assigned. Sign out and return keys or access security control as needed to ensure the security and safety of assigned storerooms for each shift. Notify supervisor of any potential issues to security or safety of storerooms or merchandise.
• Order frequently used items as needed or requested by supervisor, based on standardized hotel guidelines and existing par levels.
• May assist with other duties as needed.
High school diploma or equivalent and six months experience in a stock or receiving position, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Ability to speak fluent English required.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds
• Standing up and moving about the storeroom or other designated areas
• Communicating with other people
• Handling food, objects, products, supplies, boxes of merchandise, etc.
• Bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, taking items on and off shelves
• Reading abilities are utilized often when reading invoices to check shipments for accuracy.
• Basic mathematical skills are used frequently to perform inventory and interpret orders or shipment information.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is not provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R190199ATLCP0