IHG Paralegal - Corporate Secretariat in Atlanta, Georgia
Recommend a friend - Band 7 USD
Do you see yourself as the Paralegal for the Americas Legal team?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas’ Regional Corporate Office is centrally located at the beautiful Ravinia Complex just outside Atlanta’s Perimeter (I-285), offering a convenient commute from all areas of Metro Atlanta. In addition to being easily accessible from all major highways, the complex provides a free shuttle service between the office, the nearby Perimeter Mall and MARTA train station for alternative commuting options during business hours. Our office complex offers many amenities and personal conveniences, including and on-site dry cleaner, private health club, wellness center and restaurants. Atlanta, situated near the North Georgia Mountains, has something for everyone, world class educational institutions, interactive venues, historical sites, beautiful performing arts facilities, professional sports teams – Braves, Falcons, and Hawks, and is home to unique venues including CNN, the Georgia Aquarium, The King Center, World of Coca-Cola, The Carter Center, High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Perform a variety of complex law related tasks, provide assistance and support the Company’s attorneys, review/draft legal documents, and act on behalf of the Company in simple legal matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities, all with minimal guidance from attorneys)
● Prepare state and provincial governmental corporate filings, including annual reports usually filed with secretary of state offices, and respond to related information requests.
● Draft and edit legal documents, including resolutions, consents, minutes, proxies, secretarial certificates and powers of attorney.
● Prepare all documents for annual board and shareholders meetings.
● Draft and edit legal documents, and obtain apostilles, and consularized documents to support international operations of Company’s Americas entities.
● Maintain Americas region’s data in corporate entity management software database.
● Act as primary point of contact between Company and its registered agents for service of process.
● Coordinate with colleagues within Americas region and with Corporate Secretariat team at Company’s UK headquarters and in other regional offices, on external and internal reporting requirements, routine and operational matters as well as special projects.
● Perform a variety of administrative support duties as assigned. Prepare reports, charts, presentation data, or logs as required and according to established specifications. Notarize documents. Draft papers. Answer inquiries related to daily activities of work area, and act as a liaison between assigned work area and internal or external contacts to convey appropriate information. Compose clear and concise correspondence or memoranda as requested or required. Copy, route and file appropriate documents in an accurate and timely manner. May review, track data from, complete and/or monitor staff itineraries, calendars, expense reports, or other functional reports as needed. Identify and assist in planning for the acquisition of supplies, equipment, facilities and services necessary to maintain an efficient operation. Perform other support duties as assigned to facilitate the smooth operation of the assigned work area.
Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
Paralegal Certification OR 4 year degree and 2 years related experience and working towards a paralegal certificate.
4 to 7 years progressive work related experience with significant research and drafting responsibilities in a corporate, governmental or law firm environment with demonstrated proficiency and understanding in one or more functions related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
● Demonstrated proficiency in use of Microsoft Office, and understanding of matter management and secretariat or entity management software.
● Demonstrated knowledge of corporate legal concepts and terms.
● Demonstrates clear and effective verbal and written skills for the purpose of obtaining and conveying information to clients, outside counsel, management, and team members as well as producing legal material.
● Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
● Superior attention to detail;
● Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and successfully within stated deadlines and for more than one attorney
● Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities;
● Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
● Excellent oral and written communication skills;
● Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels within and outside of the organization;
● Ability to present ideas and information in a concise, organized way
● Ability to organize files and willingness and ability to perform administrative functions
Core Competencies and attributes
● Comfortable adapting to changing work priorities upon short notice;
● Handles working under pressure and is receptive to embracing change;
● Uses sound judgment and discretion in decision making;
● Drives for results, takes initiative and responsibility, is a self-starter with high energy;
● Ability to focus on company’s priorities, client needs and easily builds internal and external relationships; works well in a team environment
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is NOT provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program . Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R133299