IHG Mgr, IT Asset Management Hardware/Operations in Atlanta, Georgia
Do you see yourself as the Manager, IT Asset Management, Hardware/Operations
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping, or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
The Global, IT Asset Management team is responsible for the daily and long-term strategic asset management of software and technology-related hardware within the organization. The team sets policies and procedures for tracking IT hardware and software assets throughout all IHG’s regional and corporate offices, as well as the franchises. This includes software licensing compliance as well as hardware service and support contracts. The team is also responsible for being the primary administrators for any tools used to accomplish these goals. They are also responsible for negotiating contracts and maintaining an ongoing relationship with vendors to assure that IHG maintains compliance to with all licensing agreements. Finally, the team also works with internal audit, risk management and other parts of Global Operations to remediate audit findings and drive information security awareness. The Manager of IT Asset Management, Hardware and Operations will be a key global role assisting the Director of Global IT Asset and Configuration Management in the successful operation of the team by providing strong leadership and ensuring that the team delivers an exceptional level of service, across all its assigned key responsibilities and duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role) – Working under the Director of the Global, Asset and Configuration Management this role will:
· Provide the daily operational leadership to deliver a complete and accurate Asset Repository across all managed asset classes globally for both corporate and franchise assets.
· This role will be responsible to develop and execute the plans and roadmap to delivery this asset repository including creating, educating and coaching others around policies, processes, procedures, and roles required to deliver a complete and accurate asset repository on-going that can be fully relied upon across the organization as the source of truth for business and production information related to the managed assets.
· Assure process linkage to Change Management, Enterprise Engineering, Security, Regional teams, Procurement, Finance, and others, so that new solutions are properly captured in the Asset Repository across the full asset lifecycle.
· Build and maintain excellent working knowledge and relationships and partnerships with key global and regional technology vendors, driving towards fewer sources in support of automation of the Asset Repository.
· Collaborate with the Global and Regional Procurement teams to ensure that all technology development, maintenance, and support contracts follow global asset management policies and procedures. Produce accurate and timely management reporting
· Once the Asset Repository is fully in place, this role will provide the global leadership to assure on-going operations and CIP for the Hardware Asset space and working with their ITAM peers will continue to build the organization across all 12 ITAM Key process areas.
· Work closely with the Manager, Software Asset Management assuring assets as decommissioned in a timely manner, and removed for the tracking repositories so that financial opportunities can be realized and audit risks can be mitigated.
· Assist in forming procurement strategies to optimize technology spend across the organization.
· Define and implement an approach to assure the relationship with the matrixed regional asset management resources is effective in maintaining the Asset repository and forecasting of purchase and refresh needs.
· Collaborate with the Global and Regional Procurement teams to ensure that all technology development, maintenance, and support contracts follow global asset management policies and procedures. Produce accurate and timely management reporting. Assist in Managing the P&L for the area of responsibility.
· Build excellent working relationships across the IT organization to understand technology plans and roadmaps and to assure that IT Asset requirements are considered in the processes of bringing new technologies and solutions on board.
· Manage a team including two direct reports, ensuring that:
o Succession planning, performance management and personal development plans are developed for the team.
o All team members are assigned appropriate tasks and project work and are motivated.
o Employee and Pulse Survey results are reviewed and team action plans are delivered to improve engagement.
o All team members receive training and support to perform their roles within the team.
Required Skills – Ability to see the big picture, think strategically and direct internal and external resources to meet Global business needs. In depth, expert knowledge of asset management practices. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work through people to achieve results in a matrix environment. Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills. Ability to work under pressure delivering to demanding timescales. Excellent English comprehension skills, reading, writing, oral communication skills. Strong technical leadership skills. Experience of working globally as part of a distributed virtual team. Cultural awareness.
· Bachelor’s Degree, Computer and Business, Information Systems, Computer Science of similar.
· IAITAM Certifications or similar, such as Certified IT Asset Manager (CITAM), Certified Hardware Asset Manager (CHAMP), required, others a plus.
· ITIL v3 and/or PRINCE vs Foundation certification preferred.
· At least 10 plus years of progressive practical experience within an IT environment
· At least 3 years’ experience of leading a IT Asset Management function in a large enterprise.
· Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a diverse cross functional and multi-cultural environment.
Technical Skill Capabilities:
· Subject Matter Expert ability in IT Asset Management, specializing in Hardware Asset Lifecycle including:
· Policy development and communication and adherence.
· Lifecycle management including the development, implementation and measurement of cross functional IT Asset Management process, procedures, and roles.
· Defining, delivering and tracking SLA and metrics for operational requests and measurement of policy, and Asset Repository completeness and accuracy.
· Strong mathematical and data analysis skills including the ability to create and develop complex spreadsheets and charts to provide views of the asset repository and status that can be used to make business decisions.
· Strong background in IT with breadth of knowledge across most Hardware asset classes.
· Demonstrated ability to research and learn new things. Ability to challenge peers technically if required.
· Exceptional ability to read and interpret contracts and work with vendors, including good knowledge of negotiation best practices.
· Strong technical leadership skills
Non-Technical (including Managerial Capabilities):
· Experience of leading, motivating and developing a team of technology and business professionals.
· Strong Customer focus, setting and measuring KPOs that underpin the service delivered to customers.
· Demonstrated ability to write and establish new policies, processes and procedures and assure they are maintained with quality on going.
· Successful operation within a global, cross functional organization to deliver assignments and goals.
· Exceptional work ethic with the ability to delegate, coach, and delivery through their team.
· Strongly motivated for the role and strong problem solving skills, thinking beyond just the immediate to find the best solutions to move the IT Asset Management program forward.
· . Excellent English comprehension skills, reading, writing, oral communication skills. Strong technical leadership skills. Experience of working globally as part of a distributed virtual team
You must meet the legal requirements to work in this country
Relocation support may be provided for this position
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which includes healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG by clicking "Apply Online".
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Female / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R129416