IHG Manager User Experience in Atlanta, Georgia
Recommend a friend - Band 6 USD
Competitive Salary plus Bonus potential
Do you see yourself as the Manager User Experience?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas’ Regional Corporate Office is centrally located at the beautiful Ravinia Complex just outside Atlanta’s Perimeter (I-285), offering a convenient commute from all areas of Metro Atlanta. In addition to being easily accessible from all major highways, the complex provides a free shuttle service between the office, the nearby Perimeter Mall and MARTA train station for alternative commuting options during business hours. Our office complex offers many amenities and personal conveniences, including and on-site dry cleaner, private health club, wellness center and restaurants. Atlanta, situated near the North Georgia Mountains, has something for everyone, world class educational institutions, interactive venues, historical sites, beautiful performing arts facilities, professional sports teams – Braves, Falcons, and Hawks, and is home to unique venues including CNN, the Georgia Aquarium, The King Center, World of Coca-Cola, The Carter Center, High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta.
The User Experience Architect within the Digital Experience and Design team will help drive the digital experience design of IHG’s family of branded responsive websites, contributing to strong brand awareness, desirability and improved usability for our guests. Our ideal candidate has a passion for creative problem-solving, with multiple techniques at the ready to uncover guest needs, wants and opportunities and the communication skills to present ideas effectively to business and technical audiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Manage and mentor team of /- 10 User Experience Architects which includes staffing, resource allocation, performance management, and budget management
● Lead team growth and knowledge share by providing mentoring, guidance, and/or training in daily activities, peer reviews, team work sessions, and scheduling seminar/education opportunities.
● Review team deliverables to ensure consistent quality, manage quality issues and negotiate resolution
● Work with team members to identify innovative, customer centric, information and visual design recommendations that contribute to an enhanced user experience
● Manage the iRise simulation product and ensure common base of knowledge across the team through appropriate training sessions
● Establish interface standards and ensure adherence to standards through a peer review process and the establishment of a template/pattern library
● Ensure all products have effective and compliant Usability, Content, SEO, Accessibility and Design strategies reflected in end deliverables
● Develop/recommend tactical projects and enhancements which support growth and/or adoption of e-commerce and application products
● Stay abreast, report on and implement when necessary new technologies, best practices and standards
● Work with cross-functional teams throughout the development process.
● Ensure that all interface deliverables reflect and support analytics and usability research findings and data.
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Human Factors Psychology, Instructional Design or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
8- 10 years of progressive work-related experience, with demonstrated mastery of technical and business knowledge and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position or UX lead, 3 years of experience designing for responsive web and/or mobile apps.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
● Experience with current responsive web design techniques, with supporting portfolio examples
● Experience with enterprise-level user experience architecture and design processes; agile experience a plus
● Demonstrated expertise defining digital user experiences using research methodologies such as heuristic evaluation, prototyping, in-lab and online usability testing
● Demonstrated expert ability to apply Usability Best Practices in a cross channel environment (web sites, CRO, mobile and business applications)
● Expert level user experience architecture skills using design tools such as Axure, Omnigraffle, and Keynote to creative responsive or device-specific designs
● Experience with Webflow is a plus
● Demonstrated ability to understand target audience needs and business needs, finding the best balance and applying to creative solutions
● Strong conceptualization ability; facilitate and lead creative brainstorming sessions
● Excellent presentation skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Demonstrated ability to present and defend design concepts to decision-makers
● Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects or activities in a dynamic environment
● Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks required
● Comfortable using referential authority to gain consensus amongst disparate stakeholders in the spirit of customer-centricity
● Ability to work effectively as part of a project team including product managers, visual designers, content strategists, copywriters
● Understanding of designing for Adobe Experience Manager is strongly desired
Other Information - Travel required as needed to support business objectives - 10%
You must meet the legal requirements to work in this country
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which includes healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program . Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG by clicking "Apply Online".
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R134913