IHG Manager, Delivery and Planning Communications in Atlanta, Georgia
Recommend a friend – Band 6
Do you see yourself as a Manager, Delivery and Planning Communications?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping, or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas’ Regional Corporate Office is centrally located at the beautiful Ravinia Complex just outside Atlanta’s Perimeter (I-285), offering a convenient commute from all areas of Metro Atlanta. In addition to being easily accessible from all major highways, the complex provides a free shuttle service between the office, the nearby Perimeter Mall and MARTA train station for alternative commuting options during business hours. Our office complex offers many amenities and personal conveniences, including and on-site dry cleaner, private health club, wellness center and restaurants. Atlanta, situated near the North Georgia Mountains, has something for everyone, world class educational institutions, interactive venues, historical sites, beautiful performing arts facilities, professional sports teams – Braves, Falcons, and Hawks, and is home to unique venues including CNN, the Georgia Aquarium, The King Center, World of Coca-Cola, The Carter Center, High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta.
This exciting role is responsible for overseeing communications and education strategies for assigned teams as they pertain to supporting delivery of commercial programs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing various channels of communications to key stakeholders across the business, the design, delivery, and maintenance of core communications platforms, and active engagement of franchise support teams to drive awareness and adoption of hotel focused commercial initiatives. May lead and review the work of less experienced staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
• Collaborate with the CCO, Vice President and Director Brand Operations, to develop communications strategies that will broaden programmatic reach and deepen impact of overall Americas Commercial initiatives
• Define target audience and determine relevant messages to drive impact and reach of communication programs and strategies
• Identify communications opportunities to further strengthen brand positioning and programs – oversee the research, development, and delivery of content, in partnership with Brands & Marketing leads, to promote commercial objectives
• Oversee the relationships with agencies and other outside companies in the development of programs to meet communications objectives and delivery time frames
• Monitor and maintain budgetary control over communication expenditures; prepare summaries for program tracking; work with commercial teams to determine effectiveness of current activity to maximize the return on investments
• Determine measures of success for Brands and Marketing communication activities, including defining key metrics, working with consolidated analytics resources to measure results, conduct thorough post-mortem analysis, and communicate key findings, key learnings and make recommendations on future plans to key stakeholders
• Develop and manage a formal communication line to the operations teams to ensure consistent and regular communication of priorities and commercial activity to streamline and control the quality of communications being disseminated into the field
• Manage the completion and delivery of training and learning programs for driving awareness and adoption of commercial programs across key stakeholder groups
• Establish a solid network with all key departments within IHG including but not limited to Operations, Public Relations, Franchise Relations, Training and Development, Distribution and Commercial Marketing, Global Sales, America Sales, Revenue Management, Global Technology, Legal, Quality, Design and Construction and Brand teams
• Collaborate closely with other dedicated communications teams to ensure close alignment between commercial communications strategy and broader communications objectives of the region
Competitive salary plus bonus potential
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience. B.A. in Business Management, Communications or English preferred.
Eight or more years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes related to the position including communications experience in a multi-brand environment.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff
• Fluent knowledge of working within a Windows environment
• Experience in strategic planning and business plan development as it pertains to public relations/communications activities
• Demonstrated experience managing budgets
• Experience working in a franchised business is helpful
Must have the legal right to work in this country
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability, and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Female / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R130526