IHG Manager, Business Support in Atlanta, Georgia
Do you see yourself as the Business Support Manager for the Americas Operations team?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas’ Regional Corporate Office is
centrally located at the beautiful Ravinia Complex just outside Atlanta’s
Perimeter (I-285), offering a convenient commute from all areas of Metro
Atlanta. In addition to being easily accessible from all major highways, the
complex provides a free shuttle service between the office, the nearby
Perimeter Mall and MARTA train station for alternative commuting options during
business hours. Our office complex offers many amenities and personal
conveniences, including and on-site dry cleaner, private health club, wellness
center and restaurants. Atlanta, situated near the North Georgia Mountains, has
something for everyone, world class educational institutions, interactive
venues, historical sites, beautiful performing arts facilities, professional
sports teams – Braves, Falcons, and Hawks, and is home to unique venues
including CNN, the Georgia Aquarium, The King Center, World of Coca-Cola, The
Carter Center, High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta.
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Payment acceptance is a significant part of the guest and hotel experience. An estimated 80% of hotel payments flow through the IHG payment platform. Proficient understanding of payment rules and regulations that impact costs and liability. Provide financial, analytical and business planning support and advice to assigned business units to ensure their success in implementing the Company’s strategic priorities. Provide short-term and long-term financial and business analyses to support the linkage of assigned organization(s) to the Company’s objectives. Work with senior management to develop, support, and present business plans that drive results. Identify opportunities for improvement, gain buy-in from top management, and implement changes to financial planning and reporting processes as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
• Act as thought leader in providing analytical insight and analysis to help drive the right decisions.
• Provide project support to assigned business unit(s), including work-planning, research, analysis, presentation development and implementation support to address current operating issues, structures, or policies.
• Analyze operating, forecast and budget information for issues of concern regarding trends, competitive position, performance against strategic or tactical expectations, impact of changes in business environment, etc. Develop and utilize analytical tools to highlight critical concerns, and make appropriate recommendations based on findings. Summarize/prepare data for use in presentations to top management. Identify potential areas of opportunity for increased return on investment or efficiency of strategic planning/forecasting processes.
• Develop appropriate performance and benchmark measures for payment acceptance. Work with executive staff in assigned functional areas to establish target performance levels and strategies for ongoing improvement of quality and efficiency.
• Develop and maintain an effective, accurate, and timely reporting to support decisions by senior management and to serve as a critical early warning mechanism for payment performance risk and costs. Identify and implement process improvement opportunities for tracking, controlling, and reporting on spend as needed. Review financial reports for issues of concern regarding trends, competitive position, performance against strategic or budget expectations, effects of changes in business environment, etc. Utilize early warning system (analytical tools, etc.) to highlight critical concerns, and summarize and present data to executive management, along with potential recommendations for recovery.
• Assist in driving compliance with Card Association Rules and Regulations and other relevant Policies and Procedures.
• Work with Merchant Services Compliance to ensure action plans are implemented at hotels to reduce payment acceptance fees and risk.
• May lead and review the work of less experienced staff by providing mentoring, technical guidance, and/or training in daily activities.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Hospitality Administration, Accounting, Economics or a related field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
8 years’ progressive work-related experience in financial planning and analysis or management consulting, with demonstrated mastery of technical and business knowledge and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position. Work experience should include primary emphasis on business plan development and payment acceptance.
Technical skills and Knowledge –
• Knowledge of Payment Acceptance Rules and Regulations
• Demonstrated financial and business analysis skills, and demonstrated ability to analyze operating, forecast, and budget information. Demonstrated ability to use the results of analysis to make effective strategic decisions
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for providing information to clients, vendors, and/or staff. Must be able to work effectively with senior managers, possess strong relationship management skills, and well-developed negotiating and persuading abilities.
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial statements, financial principles, and the ability to convert them to use in the hotel industry.
• Demonstrated PeopleSoft, Hyperion, or similar computer system experience preferred
• MBA in Finance preferred
Must have the legalright to work in this country
Relocation support isNOT provided for this role
Other Information - Travel required as needed to support business objectives - 10%. Ability to be accessible by cell phone and/or computer in case of emergency is required.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which includes healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG by clicking "Apply Online".
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R131783