IHG IT Asset Analyst - Hardware in Atlanta, Georgia
Recommend a friend - Band 7 USD
Do you see yourself as the IT Asset Manager - Hardware for the Global Technology Asset Management team?
The IT Asset Analyst-Hardware will be responsible for overseeing the day to day activities involved in managing the life cycle of hardware assets for Laptops, Desktops, Servers, Network Gear, Storage, and the handling of end user requests. They will support the Hardware Asset Manager in the delivery of a complete and accurate IT inventory globally through the execution of governance reporting and follow up activities to ensure the cross functional organization is performing as required to assure a quality inventory.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Understand the asset life cycle, and work across other teams to ensure assets are properly tracked across each step within the lifecycle.
· Responsible for insuring asset data is entered correctly and in a timely manner into the asset database/repository.
· Responsible for creating and running IT Asset reports and performing following up actions to assure data is entered and maintained across the full lifecycle of each asset class.
· Provide input to procurement strategies to optimize technology spend across the organization.
· Provide input to contract negotiations to ensure adherence to IHG policies.
· Assure all required documentation is properly collected, recorded, and validated for the assets within their area of responsibility with completeness, accuracy, and quality.
· Work collaboratively with the regional teams and data center teams to ensure processes are followed and all data elements are captured in the tools to provide a complete and accurate data repository for the asset classes assigned.
· Work well with teams globally to drive continual improvements within the Asset Management program.
· Assist with planning, monitoring, and recording software license and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor licensing and support contracts.
· Contribute to the development of processes and procedures required to drive globally consistent behavior for the organization.
· Enforce policies and standards as they are defined and deployed.
· Work together with global asset management team to drive and to maintain standards globally
· Provide collaboration with Global Audit functions to ensure appropriate ongoing IT controls and processes are in-place.
• 4-10 years’ experience
• Bachelor’s degree specializing in Information Science, Information Systems, Computer Science, or Mathematics
• Experience in managing inventories - Required
• Experience in Procurement of IT Hardware – Required
• Experience in managing financial records - Preferred
• Experience with IAITAM – Preferred CHAMP & CITAM
Skills and Competencies:
• Highly organized individual able to maintain multiple tasks as they progress through different process checkpoints and resolve any issues preventing their completion
• Ability to create and analyze data sets from inventory and planning perspectives & create financial views (current & forecasting)
• Strong problem solving and resolution skills
• Strong attention to detail, consistent performance, and able to maintain Service Level Agreements on pre-established asset process tasks
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and achieve project/team goals and deadlines
• Ability to quickly understand a request, ask pertinent questions and assure thorough understanding of the request/activity before acting upon the request
• A team player able to work well with colleagues in other lines of business
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good facilitation and presentation skills
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program . Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R130867