IHG Facilities Porter in Atlanta, Georgia
Recommend a friend - Band 8 USD
Do you see yourself as the Facilities Porter ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas’ Regional Corporate Office is centrally located at the beautiful Ravinia Complex just outside Atlanta’s Perimeter (I-285), offering a convenient commute from all areas of Metro Atlanta. In addition to being easily accessible from all major highways, the complex provides a free shuttle service between the office, the nearby Perimeter Mall and MARTA train station for alternative commuting options during business hours. Our office complex offers many amenities and personal conveniences, including and on-site dry cleaner, private health club, wellness center and restaurants. Atlanta, situated near the North Georgia Mountains, has something for everyone, world class educational institutions, interactive venues, historical sites, beautiful performing arts facilities, professional sports teams – Braves, Falcons, and Hawks, and is home to unique venues including CNN, the Georgia Aquarium, The King Center, World of Coca-Cola, The Carter Center, High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta.
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Provide daily inspections and cleaning of common areas such as break rooms, conference rooms and lobby areas. Conducts furniture, equipment and box relocations. Conducts work space and furniture inspections and inventories. Makes minor furniture repairs and adjustments, sets up conference rooms. Performs other maintenance requests as assigned such as cleaning private offices, removing trash, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
● Provides office relocation support by conducting moves of furniture, boxes and equipment, and delivering and retrieving supplies.
● Conducts daily inspections of break-rooms and maintains them in a neat and orderly condition. Replenishes coffee and paper supplies, cleans and straightens countertops and microwaves, runs dishwashers.
● Makes minor furniture repairs, adjustments and assemblies.
● Sets up conference rooms including furniture and audio visual equipment.
● Performs work space inspections and inventories to assess availability of office space and furnishings.
● Performs additional maintenance duties as assigned such as refrigerator cleanings, delivering and emptying recycle and trash bins, cleaning private offices and file/storage rooms.
Competitive salary plus bonus potential
High School degree or technical institute degree/certificate or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
1 year work related experience in a large office environment.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
● Demonstrates proper customer service including prompt response and follow up to requests.
● Demonstrates the safe and correct use of all the daily cleaning products.
● Demonstrates the ability to read floorplans.
● Demonstrates proper use of safety practices
● Demonstrates effective verbal skills for the purpose of obtaining and conveying information to customers and supervisor.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is NOT provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R138362