IHG Engineer Information Security in Atlanta, Georgia
IHG is currently hiring for an Engineer Information Security position.
IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) is a global organization and one of the world’s leading hotel companies. With a broad portfolio of 9 hotel brands, including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn® Hotels and Resorts, Staybridge Suites® and Kimpton Hotels®. We have over 4,900 hotels in nearly 100 countries around the world, and another 1,000 hotels in our development pipeline. Our vision is to become one of the great companies in the world by creating Great Hotels Guests Love.
All of “YOU” at IHG:
At the heart of everything we do are our people – more than 350,000 of them that bring our brands to life. IHG plans to hire 90,000 new employees over the next few years to support our expanding global business. You’ll have all the support you need to make a great start, be involved, and grow. So if you want to work somewhere with “Room for You,” find out more about this exciting career opportunity described below…
Our Americas Corporate office, based in Atlanta, Georgia, is looking for an Engineer Information Security position. This position will be based at our Information Center office (Alpharetta, GA)
This position involves monitoring IHG security systems, applications and devices looking for suspicious or anomalous activities. Engineer Information Security work is performed on a 24X7 basis. Work involves performing basic correlation and investigation on detected events, and escalating events to appropriate teams within Global Security Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities):
· Engineer Information Security would monitor network security events received from IHG monitored servers, workstations, applications and websites, and then take appropriate action based on IHG security policy and procedures.
· Assist IHG Global Security Engineering team resources with security related issues.
· Responsibility for reviewing security related alerts generated by security tools and closing out security tickets after investigation.
· Aid in the development of security policies and procedures in coordination with the IHG Global Security Engineering and Operations team
· Engineer Information Security also perform analysis of log files. Includes forensic analysis of system resource access.
· Operate SEIM consoles (Setup Alarms and Reports based on best practices) in order to monitor the environment for events of interest.
· Execute incident response process when a security incident has been declared. Escalate to management and pull in appropriate resources for incident.
Knowledge and Experience:
· An interest in risk management and information security.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· Professional certifications such as Security , Network , CISSP, CISA, CISM, and SANS, GIAC, CEH are great, but not required.
· Knowledge of security and audit topics: HIPAA, GLBA, SOC, SOX, and PCI are also great, but not required.
· Strong technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
· Experience with systems administration and in-depth knowledge Windows and Linux servers, good network administration skills and LAN/WAN background a plus.
· Experience with security related tools is a plus (Vulnerability scanning tools, Identity and Access Management tools, encryption, IDS/IPS, WAF, Firewalls, WIFI, Mobile device management, Anti-Virus, File integrity monitoring, SIEM tools, etc.)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent problem solving, research, and follow-up skills.
· Self-motivation and ability to work independently.
Total Reward: Base salary plus annual bonus potential
You must meet the legal requirements to work in this country.
If you are interested in joining us at IHG, know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger. So why not work somewhere that gives you the freedom to be yourself and in return we’ll provide competitive financial and benefit packages including a matching 401K plan and global hotel discounts. Find out more about joining us today by visiting careers.ihg.com.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Job: Finance & Business Support
Requisition ID: R127405