IHG Director, Points & Currency Products in Atlanta, Georgia
Recommend a friend - Band 5 USD
Competitive Salary plus Bonus
Do you see yourself as the Director, Points & Currency Products?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas’ Regional Corporate Office is centrally located at the beautiful Ravinia Complex just outside Atlanta’s Perimeter (I-285), offering a convenient commute from all areas of Metro Atlanta. In addition to being easily accessible from all major highways, the complex provides a free shuttle service between the office, the nearby Perimeter Mall and MARTA train station for alternative commuting options during business hours. Our office complex offers many amenities and personal conveniences, including and on-site dry cleaner, private health club, wellness center and restaurants. Atlanta, situated near the North Georgia Mountains, has something for everyone, world class educational institutions, interactive venues, historical sites, beautiful performing arts facilities, professional sports teams – Braves, Falcons, and Hawks, and is home to unique venues including CNN, the Georgia Aquarium, The King Center, World of Coca-Cola, The Carter Center, High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta.
As a member of the GSM commercial development team, work closely with GSM and Regional VPs to create, manage and monetize currency products and assets for IHG. Identify, engage, negotiate and oversee globally the portfolio of IHG’s largest loyalty and non-loyalty based currency products ensuring value is created and growing for IHG, its loyalty program and its guests. Manage the roadmap of highest best fit products and partnerships. Identify and maximize many components of value by making IHG’s assets (chiefly, its loyalty currency, but including as appropriate, brands, customers, hotels, technology, insight, etc.) available to its guests, hotels and third party partnerships, and in return, driving profitable revenue growth for IHG. Work in a highly collaborative style to bring together many IHG brands, functions, and operating teams so IHG can speak and manage these products and partnerships “with one voice.” Work seamlessly with regional operating teams to deliver and manage identified benefits through a standardized product and partnership management process. Demonstrate behavioral proficiencies as defined in the Brand Leadership Marketing Competencies Skill Matrix to include Actionable Insight, Strategic Planning, Innovative Solutions, Stakeholder Engagement, Brand Delivery & Performance, and Evaluation and Effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for delivery of $75M in system fund revenue from currency products, with a 3-5 year ambition to grow annually to $100-150M .
• Develop and implement short-term and long-term roadmaps for IHG’s currency products, optimizing the product mix, driving higher profitable revenue growth, and member and guest satisfaction.
• Provide thought leadership on short-term and long-term industry trends, identifying resulting implications on, and strategies for, IHG’s profitability, its guests and owners.
• Expand IHG’s profit and system fund value delivery by extending its loyalty program, scale of brands, systems, customer assets, distribution scale, and owner network through integrated products and partners, which are aligned with IHG’s corporate and brand strategies.
* Proactively identify and sponsor potential new products aligned with IHG’s loyalty currency and assets; deliver effective processes, structures and ways of working across the organization to deliver growth initiatives following an agreed upon framework with the regions and global functions.
• Work closely with regional S&M organizations, and other global and regional functions, as a “handover” point to assume delivery of products and partnerships that require execution and operation, while managing the overall target setting and performance management process.
• Implement an internal “outreach” management routine, including such elements as shared goals with internal stakeholders, quarterly business review meetings, ongoing tracking of performance, ongoing innovation to improve value delivery for IHG.
• Evaluate the potential financial ROI and corporate and brand benefits of each product and partnership against IHG’s income thresholds and strategic objectives, including appropriate due diligence, financial modeling, scenario development, risk assessment, and success measurements.
• For each product and partnership, lead the creation and assembly of an appropriate integrated business case that is aligned with strategy, loyalty program objectives, and brand position, and is relevant for the size/scale of the venture; this includes developing presentations for internal review, resolving issues pertaining to the relationship, building support from all internal stakeholders and functions, and guiding the approval process through key decision making points (e.g. GS&M SLT, ROC review, SRMEC, Ops Forum, etc).
• Work with the designated deal negotiation and legal teams to support negotiations of contract agreements as appropriate.
• Enable delivery of growth initiatives often as project sponsor through a combination of thought leadership, project management support, completed analytical detail, and integration with regional and global functional teams.
• Provide revenue and performance tracking of products and partnerships against agreed budgets and metrics; recommend course corrections as necessary.
• Build strong working relationships quickly with key internal and external stakeholders, and lead development of exploratory discussions and proposal documents.
• Leverage synergies of currency products and assets against wider GPP’s portfolio of partnerships, enabling both insights and revenue growth of co-branded credit cards, marketing alliances and other unbundled guest products.
• Build, maintain and leverage appropriate financial, market, industry, and consumer models to support planning and analysis work, in conjunction with global strategy team.
• Leverage current information sources of competitor intelligence and industry trends in collaboration with other IHG teams who collect similar data to minimize duplication; fill in the gaps of market and business intelligence when absent elsewhere in the group.
• Build a high performance team by hiring and retaining the right people, creating strong bench strength prepared for higher levels of responsibility.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Strategy, Finance or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. MBA highly desirable.
Likely to be 12-15 years in progressive work experience in strategy, consultancy, business development, or corporate partnerships, or 8-15 years corporate level experience with exposure to a broad range of business development or growth activity. Post-degree qualification and previous travel industry experience is highly desirable.
Interpersonal and Technical Skills and Knowledge
• Demonstrated ability to assess and understand a variety of internal and external economic and financial issues with impact to the business, to analyze data and forecast future business trends, and to develop strategic plans based on business needs and market assessments.
• Proven strategic thinking through an ability to analyze sectors, guest behaviors and needs, companies, markets, performance data, and complex business issues and draw insight and conclusions, balancing the need for both traditional outputs with unconventional thinking and innovation.
• High proficiency in brand management, market research, and consumer insight in order to generate innovative solutions for unmet guest needs.
• Applies seasoned business judgment and a deep understanding of IHG’s brands and systems to enhance the company’s competitive advantage.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and draw conclusions from complex financial, statistical and marketing and sales data.
• Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing high value projects from conception through implementation across a variety of stakeholders and functions.
• Demonstrated ability to give effective presentations internally and externally, and be persuasive in promoting IHG’s capabilities in a highly competitive environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills required to build internal and external relationships across business units, with an emphasis on collaboration.
• Solid financial modeling and analysis, as well as basic finance principles.
• Strong self-motivation and ability to plan time and priorities.
• High level of interest in progressing to larger areas of responsibility within IHG at appropriate time.
• Understanding of hotel industry dynamics and economics, competitors and IHG’s position.
• Familiarity of external data sources and ability to use them effectively to reach key conclusions.
• Flexible in terms of workload and hours.
• Able to gain credibility with executives and senior managers in the organization.
• Ability to lead and motivate a team.
You must meet the legal requirements to work in this country
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program . Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R133482