IHG Cook's Helper - Crowne Plaza at Ravinia in Atlanta, Georgia
Do you see yourself as a Cook's Helper - Crowne Plaza at Ravinia ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or dog shows, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will prepare cold food items and assist in all kitchen activities to ensure that guests receive high quality food items in a timely manner.
At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
● Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
● Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
● Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Prepare salads, sandwiches, cold food entrees and other prepared foods according to portion and quality standards specified in recipes; control food usage to minimize waste.
● Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Catering, Banquets, Outlets, Maintenance, and Guest Services.
● May maintain supplies and equipment (trays, china, silver and condiments) for service at the station areas.
● Assist cooks and stewards during peak activity periods.
● Advise supervisor of low inventory items and problems related to equipment, food quality, portions, etc.
● Perform receiving and inventory duties as specified by supervisor; stocks supplies as requested.
● Maintain a clean kitchen by cleaning all work surfaces used in food preparation on an ongoing basis.
● Maintain a clean, neat and well-organized work area, including but not limited to reach-ins, walk-ins and counters. Report all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
● May assist with other duties as needed.
Basic reading, writing and math skills and some prior food preparation experience preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
● Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
● Standing up and moving about the kitchen
● Communicating with other people
● Handling food, objects, products and utensils
● Bending, stooping, kneeling
● Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other cooks, wait staff or supervisors.
● Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing meals from a recipe, when assisting in the scheduling of the kitchen staff, or when monitoring inventory.
● Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
● Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
● May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is not provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R190254ATLCP2