IHG Consultant, Consumer Insights in Atlanta, Georgia
Recommend a friend - Band 6 USD
Do you see yourself as the Consultant, Consumer Insights ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas’ Regional Corporate Office is centrally located at the beautiful Ravinia Complex just outside Atlanta’s Perimeter (I-285), offering a convenient commute from all areas of Metro Atlanta. In addition to being easily accessible from all major highways, the complex provides a free shuttle service between the office, the nearby Perimeter Mall and MARTA train station for alternative commuting options during business hours. Our office complex offers many amenities and personal conveniences, including and on-site dry cleaner, private health club, wellness center and restaurants. Atlanta, situated near the North Georgia Mountains, has something for everyone, world class educational institutions, interactive venues, historical sites, beautiful performing arts facilities, professional sports teams – Braves, Falcons, and Hawks, and is home to unique venues including CNN, the Georgia Aquarium, The King Center, World of Coca-Cola, The Carter Center, High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Consultant Consumer Insights provides Loyalty Marketing, Regional Brand Teams, Global Brand Management, and additional upper-level management teams with key consumer insights necessary for the development and assessment of brand/business strategies and tactics. Consultant Consumer Insights is responsible for taking the initiative in developing, leading, and presenting results from myriad types of primary research studies spanning survey (online and offline), diary study, expanded conjoint, sensory, focus group, interviewing and brainstorming projects, to name just a few; put another way, it is required that our Consultant Consumer Insights be well-versed in many traditional and non-traditional research methodologies. Consultant Consumer Insights also are, of course, responsible for the daily project management of projects and providing ongoing consultation regarding market research communication initiatives.
The Consultant Consumer Insights proactively manages both external and internal resources for pertinent information on all customers, including guests, franchisees, and intermediaries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
The Consultant Consumer Insights position exists to make it possible for IHG to keep its finger on the all-critical pulse of consumer wants, unmet needs, behaviors and attitudes to create hotel solutions that lead to profits. The primary contributions of a Consultant Consumer Insights comprise not only best-in-class research planning and result gathering, but also the translation of all research into meaningful business planning. The Consultant Consumer Insights’ key deliverables are answers to pressing business questions.
● Serves as an on-going consultant to all internal clients, with whom he or she works by holding workshops, attending all strategic meetings, and playing the most visible, optimal role possible in ensuring that the voice of the customer is reflected in everything that IHG does.
● Thoroughly investigates ways in which business questions can be answered by diligently and precisely overseeing consumer insights work
● Creates powerful presentations of points of view to management.
● Ensures cross-functional department relationships are optimized and leveraged to maximize effectiveness in addressing clients’ information needs through analytics consulting and client market research initiatives.
● Responsible for all steps of project management for primary market research initiatives including recommendation of methodology and supplier(s) that best address project objectives and budget; management of competitive bid process; project proposal development and approval, all steps of project implementation; analysis/interpretation of results; communication of results to all internal clients and all necessary project archiving. Serve as subject matter expert to supported teams and partner at individual team planning sessions, off-site meetings and agency meetings as required.
● Monitors syndicated data and consulting relationships with suppliers in the traditional and e-commerce space. Key responsibilities include negotiation of contracts and management of relationship throughout contract period to ensure that promised deliverables meet requirements, and that the Company derives the maximum value from the contract.
● Maintains up-to-date knowledge of key industry trends/developments impacting e-commerce and guest frequency programs as those trends/best practices relate to the market research arena (research techniques, market research suppliers, etc).
● Continually educates the organization about the role of Strategy and Research within successful organizations.
Competitive salary plus bonus potential
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Statistics, Mathematics or Business required. Master’s degree preferred.
Three or more years’ market research for consumer products/services company or research supplier with exposure to brand marketing teams and experience working with advertising agencies and consultants preferred. Supplier side experience is a definite plus, as is working knowledge of SAS.
Technical Skills and Knowledge -
• Demonstrated communication skills including ability to present to all levels of the organization, ability to influence and ability to build and maintain internal & external relationships.
•Demonstrated strategic agility and creativity in problem solving.
• Demonstrated project management skills in organizing, planning and executing mid to large size projects from conception through implementation.
• Solid understanding of and experience with qualitative and quantitative research techniques/design, including advanced research and statistical techniques (e.g., discrete choice, adaptive conjoint, price elasticity)
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Good computer skills, including the use of Excel or equivalent.
• Knowledge of e-commerce research principles including pop-up web surveys, use of e-panel companies, and usability research a plus.
It is required that Consultant Consumer Insights be business and marketing savvy; they must be capable of translating marketing problems into research questions, and then -- once they have successfully answered questions via the appropriate research approach -- presenting not only data results but also very solid consultant-type recommendations for action. Therefore, a wide range of analytical and practical critical thinking and decision-making skills -- along with solid demonstration of "people" skills -- are mandatory for this role.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is NOT provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R138752