IHG Compliance and Labor Relations Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Recommend a friend - Band 6 USD
Do you see yourself as a Human Resources Manager?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. IHG employs people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas’ Regional Corporate Office is
centrally located at the beautiful Ravinia Complex just outside Atlanta’s
Perimeter (I-285), offering a convenient commute from all areas of Metro
Atlanta. In addition to being easily accessible from all major highways, the
complex provides a free shuttle service between the office, the nearby
Perimeter Mall and MARTA train station for alternative commuting options during
business hours. Our office complex offers many amenities and personal
conveniences, including and on-site dry cleaner, private health club, wellness
center and restaurants. Atlanta, situated near the North Georgia Mountains, has
something for everyone, world class educational institutions, interactive
venues, historical sites, beautiful performing arts facilities, professional
sports teams – Braves, Falcons, and Hawks, and is home to unique venues
including CNN, the Georgia Aquarium, The King Center, World of Coca-Cola, The
Carter Center, High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta.
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Serve as the human resources compliance and labor relations manager for the Americas corporate and managed hotels. Under the leadership of senior HR compliance and labor relations directors, responsible for the development and delivery of research, analysis, and programs to support the achievement of compliance and union relations business plans and objectives.
Primary duties will include, monitoring of anonymous complaint hotline, developing timelines and responses to EEOC complaints and charges, monitoring anti-harassment & discrimination training, conduct compliance or ER/LR training, analysis of multi-factor employment, payroll, labor cost, and demographic data. Monitoring I-9 and eVerify compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
● Develop key relationships with respective management in assigned functions to understand their business issues and provide support in the areas of linking business unit/operation strategies; coaching business units through organization, regulator and business issues; and coaching managers to create and maintain a work environment with high morale and productivity.
● Facilitate the execution of organizational structures, staffing/recruiting strategies, compensation programs, employee training and development plans, succession planning, change management and quality initiatives. Ensure local tailoring of HR programs as needed and consult on issues to develop workable solutions on a local basis.
● Proactively address HR and related organizational issues for assigned business units; identify and facilitate practical and timely solutions that best meet the needs of the business and optimize business performance. Collaborate with technical HR areas to address specific business issues requiring specialized expertise and direction.
● Investigate and resolve employee relations issues including EEOC charges, sexual harassment charges, etc. In partnership with the business and legal counsel, determine employee disciplinary actions up to and including termination decisions. Provide advice and/or seek advice from internal/external sources, as appropriate, on local employment issues/laws to ensure compliance and favorable employee relations activities.
● Collaborate with other HR managers and HR senior management on major HR initiatives, policies and/or issues of significance to the business; serve as an advocate for the business to provide input and feedback on major HR initiatives and consultation on business issues/requirements to ensure effectiveness of initiatives.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
Eight or more year’s progressive work related experience in human resource management with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes related to the position
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
● Knowledge of applicable federal laws affecting human resource policy (Title VII, ADA, FLSA, FMLA, etc).
● Requires broad, generalized HR knowledge and involvement in all specialized areas within HR
● Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills
● Strong communication skills, both verbal and written to address all levels within the organization and ability to gain consensus
● Strong customer-focus orientation
● Related HR certifications helpful (as applies)
Must have the legalright to work in this country
Relocation may be provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R131812