IHG Brand Communications Specialist in Atlanta, Georgia
Recommend a friend - Band 7 USD
Do you see yourself as the Brand Communications Specialist ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas’ Regional Corporate Office is centrally located at the beautiful Ravinia Complex just outside Atlanta’s Perimeter (I-285), offering a convenient commute from all areas of Metro Atlanta. In addition to being easily accessible from all major highways, the complex provides a free shuttle service between the office, the nearby Perimeter Mall and MARTA train station for alternative commuting options during business hours. Our office complex offers many amenities and personal conveniences, including and on-site dry cleaner, private health club, wellness center and restaurants. Atlanta, situated near the North Georgia Mountains, has something for everyone, world class educational institutions, interactive venues, historical sites, beautiful performing arts facilities, professional sports teams – Braves, Falcons, and Hawks, and is home to unique venues including CNN, the Georgia Aquarium, The King Center, World of Coca-Cola, The Carter Center, High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta.
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
The Specialist, Brand Communications is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of brand communications plans supporting IHG’s strategic business objectives. Required skills include strong writing, project management and media relations experience as well as knowledge of social media and influencer marketing. Activities include: basic media relations support including proactive and reactive media outreach and monitoring, awards submissions, internal communications with Owners and hotels and various reporting to appropriately highlight and socialize the team’s work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
• Assist in brand PR campaign management including planning, development and execution.
• Cross-functional collaboration with key brand stakeholders including brand marketing/guest experience, content marketing, social and digital marketing to drive integrated brand storytelling.
• Identify proactive public relations opportunities to further strengthen brand positioning and programs.
• Aid in media relations efforts including research; development and writing of communications materials, including but not limited to news releases for trade and consumer media, social/web content, executive key messages and briefing materials; coordinating interview logistics with media; and reporting.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key media contacts, inclusive of both consumer and hospitality trade outlets.
• Support opening of key hotels in the regions through proactive media relations activity and event management.
• Provide direction on assignments to the public relations firm and other agency/freelance partners supporting brand communications.
• Support influencer programs to drive brand awareness, consideration and preference.
• Development of campaign award entries on an annual basis.
• Coordinate calls, meetings and/or site visits with vendors, regional teams and other functions.
• Provide internal communications support, including: intranet updates, content curation and newsletter development, and ensuring brand news is shared in a consistent, timely manner across all internal IHG channels.
• Assist with internal communications efforts to support annual brand/Owner conferences.
• Perform some administrative support duties as assigned: prepare reports, maintain industry media lists and coverage tracker, charts and presentation data as required.
• This position will require some travel.
Required Skills –
● Strong project management skills with ability to meet tight deadlines. Exceptional desktop publishing capability, people-oriented, and able to work independently when needed.
● B.S. or B.A. degree in journalism, marketing, mass communications or related discipline preferred.
● Minimum 3 to 4 years experience in supporting the development and implementation of internal and/or external communications at the corporate level gained either on the client or agency side.
● Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is NOT provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R131993