IHG Bell Person - Crowne Plaza at Ravinia in Atlanta, Georgia
Do you see yourself as a Bellperson for our Crowne Plaza at Ravinia property?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will assist incoming and outgoing guests in transporting luggage to and from guest rooms.
At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
• Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
• Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
• Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Explain and promote hotel facilities, outlets, and services to guest and provide information to guests regarding local attractions and activities.
• Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
• Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied guests.
• Promptly and safely transport luggage to and from guest rooms. May secure, tag and store luggage at guest’s request.
• May regularly inspect and clear hotel entrance and surrounding areas of litter and debris.
• Perform other duties as assigned which may include but is not limited to accepting dry cleaning from guest and secure for pick up by dry cleaning company; delivering clean laundry or guest mail/messages, or sundry items to guest rooms, and responding to other special requests.
High School diploma or equivalent, plus some guest service experience or hotel experience preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying, pushing, or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds
• Moving about the public areas
• Handling objects such as luggage
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients, guests and employees.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing departmental records/logs, reading road signs, etc..
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is not provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R190227ATLCP10