IHG Banquet Server - Crowne Plaza at Ravinia in Atlanta, Georgia
Do you see yourself as a Banquet Server for our Crowne Plaza at Ravinia property ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into sewing, shopping or surfing, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will provide prompt and courteous food and beverage service to guests during banquet/catering functions.
At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
• Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
• Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
• Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Properly store all reusable goods.
• Perform pre- and post-shift side work; set-up, condiments, etc.
• Serve menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to the banquet event order; time the service of courses to correspond with the dining pace of the guests.
• Respond to guest inquiries and special requests promptly and professionally to ensure guest satisfaction; notify supervisor of guest complaints or unusual situations.
• Clear tables after service. Remove trays of dirty dishes, silverware and glassware to kitchen for cleaning.
• Perform other duties as assigned which may include assisting with set up and break down of function space, and plating of meals.
Basic reading and writing. Food service experience with general knowledge of banquet operations.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds (tables, chairs, trays, etc.)
• Moving about the function areas.
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, cooks, wait staff, and supervisors.
• Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
• Mathematical skills, including basic math are used frequently.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is not provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R190264ATLCP6