IHG Banquet Houseperson - Crowne Plaza - Atlanta Ravinia in Atlanta, Georgia
Do you see yourself as a Banquet Houseperson for our Crowne Plaza Atlanta Ravinia property?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will Set-up and break down all meeting rooms, banquet space and ballroom areas. Clean and maintain all corridors, vending areas, elevators and landings and service areas in the banquet facilities ensuring hotel’s standards of cleanliness.
At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
● Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
● Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
● Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Clean, store, and secure in an organized manner all tables, chairs, and audio visual equipment, platforms/stages and other equipment used for banquet functions.
● Inspect cleanliness and working condition of all equipment to be set up in function area. Report all damages or issues to Supervisor.
● Maintain cleanliness of banquet rooms, banquet hallways, and storage and service areas.
● May refresh room during breaks (replenish supplies, water pitchers, etc.).
● Set-up and/or break-down tables, chairs, audio visual equipment and platforms/stages and other equipment as specified by group requirements. Set-up table linens, skirting and table top items (water pitchers, glasses, supplies, etc.)
● May retrieve clean linen and skirting and stock in storage areas.
● May pick-up and deliver all boxes and materials (flip charts, easels, blackboards, etc.) for function.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
Basic reading and writing and mathematical skills. General knowledge of banquet operations preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
● Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds (tables, chairs, trays, equipment, etc.)
● Moving about the function areas.
● Bending, stooping, kneeling
● Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, coworkers, and supervisors.
● Reading and writing abilities are utilized often with banquet event orders and instructions.
● Basic math is used frequently to ensure the proper set up of tables, settings, chairs, etc.
● May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is not provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabilities / Veterans
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R190267ATLCP0