IHG Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, Georgia
Recommend a friend - Band 8 USD
Do you see yourself as the Administrative Assistant for the Americas region team?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas’ Regional Corporate Office is
centrally located at the beautiful Ravinia Complex just outside Atlanta’s
Perimeter (I-285), offering a convenient commute from all areas of Metro
Atlanta. In addition to being easily accessible from all major highways, the
complex provides a free shuttle service between the office, the nearby
Perimeter Mall and MARTA train station for alternative commuting options during
business hours. Our office complex offers many amenities and personal
conveniences, including and on-site dry cleaner, private health club, wellness
center and restaurants. Atlanta, situated near the North Georgia Mountains, has
something for everyone, world class educational institutions, interactive
venues, historical sites, beautiful performing arts facilities, professional
sports teams – Braves, Falcons, and Hawks, and is home to unique venues
including CNN, the Georgia Aquarium, The King Center, World of Coca-Cola, The
Carter Center, High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta.
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Serve as business support for the members of the Transactions & Asset Management (“TAM”) team. Perform a variety of administrative, office management and project duties. Assist the team with various tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
Note: All of the positions in this job code perform a significant amount of administrative/project work as compared to secretarial and general office work. No attempt is made to be all-inclusive. Although incumbents may not perform all duties, those listed represent the nature, level, and difficulty of responsibilities common to positions in this job.
● Act as business support to TAM and the America’s Development Organization, including coordinating with other departments such as Architecture & Design, Brand Team, Legal, Quality, Franchise Licensing and Finance.
● Maintain a consistent, high quality customer-focused orientation. Listen to and communicate with business partners to obtain all required information necessary to determine and address their specific needs; tactfully explain why, if service cannot be provided. Respond to individuals in manner and timeframe promised or follow-up to explain status. Provide clear, accurate information; explain procedures or materials or provide supplemental information; anticipate problems or questions.
● Oversee office and technology management, logistics, fire, safety and security.
● Perform a variety of administrative duties and clerical support to the members of the TAM team, including travel/meeting arrangements, expense reporting etc.
● Submit requests to Architecture & Design on behalf of the TAM team for Project Improvement Plans (“PIPs”), including invoicing for PIPs, and tracking payment.
● Send out applications to potential franchisees.
● Keep the Growth database updated to reflect TAM activities. Prepare a variety of departmental reports and/or presentations, gathering and summarizing information from various sources; may create and format reports and presentation materials utilizing various spreadsheet graphics, and/or statistical software.
• Research and compile a variety of moderately complex data for the creation of spreadsheets or database; may require some analysis of data.
• Monitor and report variances to departmental budgets or track departmental spend information to help maintain operating controls.
• Compile, analyze information and identify solution regarding technical issues related to the overall facility and/or technology issues including phone, laptop, voicemail, office equipment etc.
• Consult with company management, staff, vendors and contractors for the implementation of facilities operations and services including office relocations, reconfigurations, furniture installations, repairs and maintenance as well as building operations, reception, security and conferencing services.
• Plan and maintain calendar for Transactions and Asset Management team-building events, including brainstorming ideas, researching venues, scheduling events, and coordinating with the team.
• Facilitate employee engagement through the planning of lunch & learn events, happy hours, etc.
• Coordinate the agenda, interviews, and on-boarding process for all new hires into Transactions and Asset Management.
• Schedule events and meetings for Development interns during the summer months.
• Process and track the payment of invoices which includes a willingness to reach out to external vendors and internal support to ensure timely reimbursement.
• Assist the Executive Administrative Assistant to the Chief Development Officer, The Americas, as needed.
High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
2-5 years of progressive related (administrative/secretarial) experience.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
• Demonstrated advanced working knowledge of business-related software, including Microsoft applications (Outlook O365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Maintenance of confidential information and data absolutely critical.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills for the purpose of conveying information to internal and external customers, or providing information via written reports or correspondence.
• Demonstrated ability to use consultative or persuasive communication skills to effectively resolve issues and drive solutions with business partners, vendors, and others with whom the role interacts.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and projects accurately and with attention to detail. Demonstrated follow-through and ability to complete multiple ongoing projects on time and within specified budget.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail in order to maintain accuracy of reporting data.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills for the purpose of maintaining the daily flow of office work, answering questions, and resolving issues.
• Demonstrated ability to learn IHG internal systems such as Ariba, Sharepoint, Concur, Growth, and ORM quickly to support leadership.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program . Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
Must have the legalright to work in this country
Relocation support isNOT provided for this role
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer:
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R130665