IHG Accounting Specialist/AR - Crowne Plaza Atlanta Ravinia in Atlanta, Georgia
Do you see yourself as Accounting Specialist A/R?
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, gardening, shopping or card games at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will perform a variety of routine accounting duties to ensure correct reporting of revenues and costs, the timely payment of invoices, and/or timely receipt of monies owed to the hotel. Duties performed are at entry-level in a training capacity, with supervision from higher-level accountants.
At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
● Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
● Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
● Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Summarize and post data to journals, ledgers and other accounting records; total and balance accounts; reconcile bank accounts; check and verify records.
● Obtain approvals from department heads on invoices to be paid; make proper accounting entries in ledger; reconcile discrepancies with vendors; prepare transmittal of invoices for payment by CMH Accounting.
● Prepare or assist in the preparation of daily bank deposits; maintain the hotel's funds to ensure that funds are of adequate amount, kept safely and properly accounted for; provide all daily change requirements; issue banks to cashiers and conduct periodic audits of banks as needed. Report over/short discrepancies as per Internal Audit Standards.
● Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include department heads throughout the hotel, for the purpose of providing or obtaining information regarding accounts.
● Prepare and monitor monthly aging of accounts; prepare statements and collection letters for delinquent accounts; make phone calls to collect accounts excessively overdue.
● Approve and process direct billing requests; prepare all bills and mail invoice statements as outlined per Internal Audit Standard. Research and investigate all credit card disputes; make proper adjustments/charge backs as needed; balance and prepare all credit card transmittals. Ensure credit card reconciliation’s are prepared, balanced and discrepancies are resolved.
● Responsible for maintenance of normal and routine controls to ensure reasonable protection of company assets.
● Maintain files of all accounting-related and/or audit documentation; may assist with clerical duties such as typing or phone coverage.
● May assist in various storeroom areas to include receiving, storing and dispersing hotel goods to ensure that each department's supply needs are met in a timely and efficient manner. Reconcile banquet bar requisitions.
● May perform additional accounting-related duties such as transferring a balanced edt each day, ensuring compliance with Internal Control Questionnaires, ensuring timely and proper payment of employees and reconciling time records to payroll, etc. May maintain purchase order system integrity or monitor/track other financial control procedures or systems.
● May assist with other duties as needed or requested.
High school diploma or equivalent and 1 year experience in an accounting clerical, front office, or reservations position or similar; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Ability to speak fluent English required.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
● Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
● Standing up and moving about the front office or other designated areas
● Communicating with other people
● Handling objects, supplies, boxes of merchandise, etc.
● Bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching
● Reading abilities are utilized often when reading invoices and work materials.
● Mathematical skills are used frequently to perform calculations, reconcile account balances, etc.
● Frequent contact with guests and outside vendors is necessary to resolve billing issues or answer questions. Strong customer service skills are required.
● May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is not provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R191611ATLCP1