IHG Sales Manager MICE in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Develop and set revenue sales and marketing strategies for the hotel to ensure plans are implemented, results are monitored and sales goals are achieved. Regularly sell hotel rooms, meeting rooms, and food and beverage through direct client contacts.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts ® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
· Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
· Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
· Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Achieve C&B and rooms budgeted revenues and personal/ team sales goals and maximize profitability.
· Create and implement sales MICE plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales.
· Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyse current/potential market and sales trends
· Coordinate activities to increase MICE market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
· Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental budget, business and financial plans.
· Manage your day-to-day sales activities related to your clients, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals
· Maintain existing relationships and build new ones to gain extra revenue
· Building your own network of clients and see opportunities in the market where we can grow
· Work with other departments to ensure everything Is running smoothly whenever a group arrives which you have been contracted. .
· Provide contact persons with detailed information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
· Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food & beverage sales, and catering/banquet services.
· Schedule business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the Sales Office and prospective clients.
· Identify operational problems that reduce the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department on solutions.
· Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
· Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager-on-duty.
This is the top sales and marketing job in a full- or limited-service hotel and may include meeting space and/or catering facilities. May manage professional-level and administrative sales team members.
Qualifications & requirements
·Bachelor’s degree / higher (hotel) education qualification / equivalent in Sales or related field.
·Experience in sales MICE related job is preferred
·Experience with Delphi and Opera is a plus.
·Two to four years of experience in hospitality or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
·Speaks and writes fluent Dutch and English and preferably another language.
·Positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
·Main sales focus will be on the European MICE clients.
·Travelling is required in this job.
Requisition ID: 12052017