IHG Maintenance Representative - Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria in Alexandria, Virginia
Do you see yourself as a Maintenance Representative for our Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria property?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, baseball or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will perform general maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality and safety standards are achieved and maintained.
At Hotel Indigo® we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original.
• Be vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, confident.
• Be curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what's going on.
• Be original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Achieve budgeted revenues, control labor costs & expenses, and maximize profitability within all areas of the front office. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
• Maintain procedures for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security. Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy.
• Assist in managing hotel revenue generation and maximization through full utilization of company systems, business processes and specifications.
• Manage day-to-day operations and assignments of the front office staff; schedule, plan, and assign work. Develop and communicate departmental strategies and goals. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
• Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with Company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
• Ensure all staff is properly trained on systems, security and cash handling procedures, and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
• Monitor front office staff to ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and personal recognition. Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Schedule and regularly conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas to ensure the appearance of such areas reflects highly on the hotel, brand, and Company. Develop actions plans to correct any deficiencies.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Accounting, Revenue Management, Sales and Marketing, Catering, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, and Maintenance.
o Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and emergency matters
o Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups)
o Perform other duties as assigned.
o May serve “manager on duty” as required.
• Analyze guest satisfaction data and develop and implement plans to achieve established goals related to guest satisfaction scores, front desk activities, Priority Club enrollments, etc.
• Establish, implement, and maintain training and procedures for PBX to serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• May also serve as manager on duty.
Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management/Business Administration, plus 3 years Front Office/Guest Service experience including management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Handling various objects
• Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• Ability to travel to attend workshops, specialized training and/or certifications, etc.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is not provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us more about yourself by clicking "Apply Online".
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: General Maintenance
Requisition ID: R190210AXEIN0