IHG Front Office Agent - Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria in Alexandria, Virginia
Do you see yourself as a Front Desk Supervisor for our Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria property?
What's your passion? Whether you're into reading, rowing a boat or trying a new recipe, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting role will provide timely and professional check-in/check-out services in accordance with established scripting and standards.
At Hotel Indigo® we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original.
• Be vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, confident.
• Be curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what's going on.
• Be original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
• Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier or other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
• Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in accordance with established guidelines.
• Routinely check in/check-out guests, answer phones, take reservations and assist staff with job functions. May be responsible for issuing safe-deposit boxes to guest and ensuring the security of keys.
• Promote hotel services, facilities and outlets; provide guests with information such as local attractions and directions to increase guest satisfaction.
• Assist in supervising the front desk function; ensure staff is properly trained including service expectations, hotel facilities and services, local directions, property management and reservations systems, safety and emergency procedures, etc.
• Monitor performance and recommend corrective or disciplinary action. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
• Complete opening and closing shift duties, and communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
• Perform other duties as assigned which may include guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.)
Requirements include a High School diploma or equivalent, plus one year front office/guest relations experience including some supervisory training/experience. Some college is preferred and you may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Hotel General Management
Requisition ID: R131433